Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Market Tour in Ceret!

Saturdays are Market Day in Ceret and it's all happening right outside our apartment and all around the many town streets.


The vendors were busy early setting up their stalls, the first one in our square was  "Monsieur Poulet" the chicken rotisserie man ... I think we heard the clanging of the propane tanks at about 530 am.
Quickly the square filled up and the various vendors were ready to sell their wares ... here you could find everything plus the "kitchen sink"!


My Monsieur Honey was the first customer at the "Flower Stand"  where he purchased a surprise bouquet of flowers for me.


 
     

Now I know why I call him Monsieur Honey!




                  Plenty of choice ... colourful vegetables.

               
                        


Herbs and spices from A to Z ...


Artisan teas for you ... Suzie Q!


For the bakers ... Every imaginable vanilla product!


Some nibbles for aperos? 
What will it be "saucisson, anchois, pate lorrain" or one of the many Catalan specialities?


Madame M. & Msr. Guy said we had to try the anchovies ... after the first one I got use to the taste.



Pate Lorrain (similar to a sausage roll) was Msr. Honey's choice.


Paella for dinner...




What no delivery ... Okay I'll carry it in my back pack!

        







Do you need a new book, Monsieur?


Or maybe a French made cotton sweater?


Maybe we need a new basket to carry everything home!





Hope you enjoyed our "Market Tour" under the shade of the colourful umbrellas and the huge "Plane trees".

No comments:

Post a Comment