Sunday, May 5, 2013

Highlights of the Week....

My friend, Madame M is away for awhile, but I didn't want to let all the pain and gain of our walking go to waste...so I ventured out on my own.




I walked a route that was familiar, but at the crossroads I took a different road ...not a good idea!
Here I was lost in the French countryside, with no cell phone, not even the phone number at the cottage to contact Monsieur Honey, and worst yet no euros in my pockets...for "un café ou un verre de vin blanc" if I did come upon à cafe.


"Je suis perdue!" I was lost!


Tuesday...was a dreary, rainy day...I wondered into the village and spent some quiet time in the local Church.

Wednesday...was "Fête du travail".... it was a busy day in Gourdon.


Thursday....
Out and about in search of new sites, we discovered Villefranche du Perigord, a fortified town founded in 1261 by Alphonse de Poitiers, brother of Louis IX.
The village has many medieval buildings including 13th century houses built over the arcades.
We wondered the streets and were transported back in time many centuries.



Friday, we ventured to St. Denis-Catus, to a Brocante housed in an old Hotel and surrounding grounds...a lot of patience and a good eye was required to find any treasure.





2 comments:

  1. I recognise that building with the wisteria! Pat Bruce they are just fabulous photos as usual - you really do have an eye for this - just gorgeous... looks like you're having a lot of fun too - bonne semaine mon amie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janine, thank you. As you know I am not a professional photographer, and I love sunshine..I think everything is always better in the sun, but I'm not sure about photography....in my next post..the photos were taken on a wonderfully sunny day in Gourdon.

      Delete