Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Blooming Blossoms

Irises, tulips and now the wisteria are starting to flower.

The planters have been full with pansies since we arrived.

Soon the terracotta and stone planters will be filled with geraniums of every colour ...nothing says "French" like geraniums and lavender.

Some varieties of lavender will also soon have some blooms.

And in nature, there are the wild flowers such as the yellow cowslips and orchids growing in the most unexpected places in fields, on the roadsides and out of crevices in the stone walls.

This week I saw my first red poppy, but I was not able to take a photo; however today I photographed some yellow and orange Californian Poppies.

Many trees are also full of blossoms and it won't be long now before the leaves unfurl and dress the "naked" plane trees.

"All gardening is landscape painting said Alexander Pope"... Rebecca Solnit from Wanderlust, A History of Walking.








































2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos - you know you took my favourite photo of 2012 - the old lady looking out of the window surrounded by wisteria clad walls - it was a total winner that one and your photos here are as ever just gorgeous and give me a boost looking at them... Janine at The Good Life France xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janine...I am having a great time taking photos and I just said to "Monsieur Honey" that maybe I could become a photographer... My new career!

      Delete