Thursday, November 12, 2015

Time Out Grandma!

#Lazy day#Catchup-day #Taxiko#EstradaMonumental

Today we had declared as a "rest day"/ "lazy day" ... some "time out"! 
In other words I needed to write/ edit my photos and hopefully do some blog posts.
I was starting to question if I could still do this or maybe did I want to do this. 

My blogging has always been my personal journal of our travels.
It is a way to keep a memory of our experiences to share with our family & friends and more importantly for me!
If it happens to me and I loose my memory, someone can show me the photos and read my stories to me.

We spent the morning at the rooftop pool in the sunshine which actually encouraged some cat napping.

After this I was feeling refreshed and able to start writing a bit about our adventure. 

Soon it was lunchtime and we wandered the local area, finding something light to eat at "Taxiko".


We enjoyed an "Avocado Salad". I had no idea what to expect. 
The salad was served in a phyllo pastry bowl full of avocado, many fruits ... Grapes, orange, walnuts, tomatoes, cheese in a yogurt sauce. 


After our lunch we went for a walk west on Estrada Monumentual an area we hadn't explored yet. 


Here we found the terraced "municipal garden plots".  
I know if I didn't have any land to garden this would be welcomed ... to have my own small space of dirt to play in, plant some vegetables and feel close to nature!






This street runs parallel to the Oceanside on a tiered level, so there are always views of the water.

                       
   


Later in the afternoon we returned to the fourth floor pool terrace for a little more "time out" from the rigours of our vacation. 
Senhor enjoyed the late sun reading his book.




Some days on vacation it's okay to have some down time and today was one of those days ...
For our dinner tonight we went for a quick shop at the local supermarket ... some cheese, crackers and fruit to enjoy with a glass of excellent wine in our room and then an early night!



No comments:

Post a Comment