Monday, May 7, 2012

Lunch Outside Atlast!!!!

2nd May 2012 (Wednesday)




It was my French class today and my Canadian teacher friend, Shari D would be very pleased with me.
The class started with the review our last assignment which was the composition that I wrote about “Mon dimanche parfait” or “My Perfect Sunday”…all about our day spent at the sea in Collioure.

If you remember what I wrote previously, this is the composition that “I and Honey” both lost some of our sleep because of my tossing and turning the previous Thursday and on Friday morning  I rewrote my story.

The professor marks in “red” pen and even though red was evident; the comment ”Excellent travail!” was written on my short essay.

We then ventured to Goujounac, a lovely village with no commerce except for the “Hostellerie de Goujounac”, which is a hotel, restaurant, bar, operated by a Dutch couple and a local French chef. It has an outside patio in a garden setting  situated in the centre of the village; where we enjoyed a lovely lunch.







Piping hot vegetable soup



Beef , mashed potatoes, green beans wrapped in bacon , carrots & roasted tomato....against our better judgement we all ordered the infamous "French steak", perfectly cooked but tough...need to order Entre-cote or Filet de Beef....even with this mistake our meals were tasty. and delicious.



Finished with Creme Brulee.

We walked thru the lanes and streets of the village, and discovered a group of ladies in the midst of a painting workshop provided by Mercedes Choufoer.  
Her Galerie – Atelier Mercedes is located in Marminiac.





The village street names are all hand-painted ceramic plaques and we discovered this amazing bust upon a gate.







We had dinner at our gite this evening and later Melody from California
and her French boyfriend, Julian joined for wine and dessert.


2 comments:

  1. Tres Bien on the school work my friend. Looks like you are having a wonderful time with your second group of Friends from Home, D and J.
    Is the hat John is wearing while reading one he now owns or is he wearing your Honey's? He looks so French and so relaxed. I wish I was sitting there with him reading my book. I have given my notice now at work and am dreaming of making travel my new passion. When do you get home? Will keep following the journey. love you guys, Shari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shari...it's Honey's beret, we couldn't convince John to trade in his baseball cap for one, so he just borrows Graeme's beret.Relaxed yes, but we've been busy doing the tourist things...D & J are taking the train from Gourdon to Paris on Friday, and will have few days to create some of their own special memories/moments. They fly home from Paris on Monday, 14th May. We come home on the 31st of May...and yes keep following our journey...as of today 09th May - Picasso went home and we are back to walking which will be good. Love you too. Pat

      Delete